Monday 25 January 2016

Dopamine and Serotonin Embroidery


 As a continuation of the neuroanatomy prints I posted a while ago I decided to make an embroidery, changing the material with which you approach a subject can make you feel differently and add distinctive qualities you can only get with those new processes. 

Although the subject matter is the same, embroidery always draws me in more. It creates a very tactile surface that makes me want to reach out and touch it. I think the disparity between the subject matter and the material also helps to shift the paradigm by which we see the brain. It's not often that someone will be exposed to the combination of medical imagery and needle work, so my hope is that it will encourage people to think a bit differently about the brain and it's function.



No comments:

Post a Comment