Sunday 11 October 2015

Terrarium.


 As a responce to my idea of a terrarium limb I decided to experiment with the creation of a bottle garden. To make one all you need is a drainage layer (gravel/sand), high nutrient soil, water and a suitable plant. Basically one that will grow in confined space.





  So far the only issues I had were finding a glass big enough. Even with these ones I had a few issues getting the plant and soil in without damaging the plant. I made them two weeks ago now and they're still going strong, I'm even seeing some new growth which is obviously a good sign. Bottle gardens such as these have been known to last over a decade. The link at the bottom takes you to an article about a man who created one that's lasted for more than 40 years. His is quite a bit bigger than mine. 



 My mother decided that they made quite nice centre pieces for the kitchen table, and so for the time being they have been confiscated. I'm quite proud they earned her seal of approval though. 

(I love how over the top the music is at the start)

No comments:

Post a Comment